[lists] Five good films I’m embarrassed to say I’ve never watched:
- The Conversation … ‘I’m not afraid of death, but I am afraid of murder.’
- Paths of Glory … ‘BOMBSHELL! the roll of the drums… the click of the rifle-bolts… the last cigarette… and then… the shattering impact of this story… perhaps the most explosive motion picture in 25 years!’
- The Deer Hunter … ‘Stanley, see this? This is this. This ain’t something else, this is this!’
- The Night of the Hunter … ‘The wedding night, the anticipation, the kiss, the knife, BUT ABOVE ALL… THE SUSPENSE!’
- Dog Day Afternoon … ‘The robbery should have taken 10 minutes. 4 hours later, the bank was like a circus sideshow. 8 hours later, it was the hottest thing on live T.V. 12 hours later, it was all history. And it’s all true’
This entry was posted on Saturday, August 4th, 2001 at 11:14 pm and is filed under Movies.